A Brief History of the Stoneville Public Library
In 1934, Mrs. Minnie Boaz opened the first library with her personal collection of books. This was located in the old bank building where her husband’s medical office was located. About 1936, the library moved upstairs in the same building over the bank and owned 250-300 books.
In 1941, the library moved across the street next to the fire station and town hall. By 1957, the library contained approximately 2000 books.
On October 28, 1967, the current library building was dedicated. In 1991, a meeting room was added followed in 2002, by the construction of a community center. As of October 2017, the library owned 29,444 items.